Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
A Visit by twilightlover93






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 12]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Written for the Twilighted Breaking Dawn Missing Moments Challenge, Category: SURPRISE

This is my idea of what happened from Bella's point of view in Chapter 17 of Breaking Dawn. It is after Jacob left in Edward's car and it details what Leah said to Bella to make her so upset. The category for which this story would fit into is Suprise both because of Edward and Bella's discovery and Leah's outburst to Bella.

Twilighted beta: qjmom


    

I couldn’t believe it. My beautiful baby loved me. I sat, massaging my stomach in awe. I looked over at Edward, sitting on the floor next to me. He was smiling at my little nudger as well, with his hand next to mine. And it wasn’t his normal crooked smile that I loved, but a new one, full of adoration.  He looked up at me, his face glowing with pride. I didn’t know it could, but my own smile got bigger.  With Edward’s depression since my pregnancy, I hadn’t seen him smile like this since our honeymoon.  He kissed my forehead before his lips found mine. It was a gentle, romantic kiss. He pulled away and smiled more. His cool hand stroked my cheek soothingly.

           

             A knock at the front door interrupted our bliss. Edward murmured “Leah,” and tentatively rose to answer.

           

            “Hello, Leah. This is unexpected.”

           

            “Where did Jacob go?” I heard her voice demand.

           

            “He seemed a little uneasy so I lent him my car.” Edward answered calmly.

            

            There was silence for a moment and then Leah spoke again, although her voice was noticeably less harsh.

           

            “May I please speak to Bella?”

           

             Edward glanced over at me, looking concerned. “Leah, I don’t know if …”

 

I interrupted him and answered her myself, “Yes, of course Leah. Please come in.” I was always sure I had the correct assumption that Leah didn’t like me. Well, it seemed more that she hated my guts. I had never really spoken to her before, so I wanted to see what she had to say.

 

Leah stepped into the living room. Her hair was a mess and she was wearing a dirty t-shirt with shorts. She surveyed the room until her eyes came to rest on me and my cup of blood. I sat up a little and tried to look as welcoming as possible. After a minute of her just standing there, I spoke.

 

“Hello, Leah. You wanted to speak to me?” Her eyes locked onto mine and I couldn’t fathom her expression. Her face was indifferent to the fact that she was in a house of vampires, all of whom she hated with a passion.

 

“Yes, I’d like to talk. I’d like to talk alone.”

 

Rosalie hissed. Leah’s eyes narrowed. 

           

           “Rose, it’s fine. I’ll call you or Edward if I need something.” Edward had come to stand over me behind the couch so I looked up at him. His face was expressionless but his eyes were tight as he glanced at me. I reached for his hand and smiled reassuringly. He gently kissed my forehead and walked into the next room. Rosalie glared at Leah, then followed suit.

           

            “Bella, what happened before Jacob left?” Leah asked suspiciously.

           

             I ran my hand once over my stomach before answering. “Well, Edward found out that he could hear the baby’s thoughts…” Her eyebrows rose. “We had just been talking to the baby since he can hear us.” I finished quickly. I could see now that this conversation was not going to be pleasant.

           

            “Bella, do you know how this is making Jacob feel? Do you know how much pain he is in right now?”

 

            Her words made me flinch. I had some idea of how uncomfortable my current situation was making Jacob but I wasn’t trying to hurt him. He was my friend…

           

            Leah’s harsh words interrupted my thoughts. “You are so selfish, Bella! You’ve been stringing him along all this time, not letting him heal. I don’t even know if he can heal, with what you’ve done to him.” Her voice was rising with anger. “You left him broken hearted; you chose the leech over him. Now, you’re pregnant with bloodsucker spawn and still making him stay.  I wonder how anyone could even think about falling in love with you, Bella. You are a pathetic child. You don’t deserve to even be friends with Jacob. Hell, I wonder why the leech even stays with you.”

           

            I began to feel the tears stream down my face. She was right. I never deserved to stay friends with Jacob. He never should have stayed with me. I was selfish and yet again, that selfishness was hurting both Edward and Jacob.

           

             I gently held my swollen stomach as I began to sob uncontrollably. Edward appeared at my side with Rosalie in an instant, looking furious.

           

            “Get out, Leah. Now” he snarled.

 

I looked up at Leah just before she made her way out. She glanced at me with disgust in her eyes before Rosalie growled at her.

           

            Edward came around to face me with worry in his eyes. He wiped my tears and gently held me while I continued sobbing. After a few minutes, He pulled away and took my face in his hands. “Don’t listen to her, Bella.” His cool lips touched my forehead, soothing me for a moment.

           

            But she’s right.  I said to myself, silently. Even I didn’t know why, but it felt complete to have Jacob here. He was my family, though he denied he could ever fit in with the vampires. I knew he belonged around me, just not in the way that he would like. It was painful to think that I was still hurting him. The fact that I was also hurting Edward all but killed me inside. I couldn’t bear to see him in pain, especially now.

           

            Having a baby was supposed to be a happy time. But my choice was giving both Edward and Jacob grief. 

           

            As my sobbing became controlable, I forced myself to stop.  Maybe Edward was right and I shouldn’t listen to Leah. She hated me before I was pregnant, after all. A half an hour passed and Edward finally spoke.

 

“Bella, I want to… discuss something with you. Well, you too, Rose. I talked to Carlisle and we both think it would be best if we proceeded with the birth as soon as possible. And so we planned to do it… tomorrow, as soon as Carlisle and Esme return.”

 

Rosalie nodded in agreement. I smiled and sighed in relief. Edward returned to stroking my face. I was so happy. Tomorrow, we would be a family and I would begin my transformation. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.