Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
An Unlikely Friendship by ash_1212






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 28]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer - All characters and storylines you recognise belong to Stephenie Meyer and her affiliates. I'm just playing around with her world.

I love the idea of Seth and Edward being friends - and this story came about from that. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it :).

 

Twilighted Supervisory Beta: qjmom

Twilighted Junior Validation Beta: myimm0rtal


Chapter 1
Fights End

 

I sat smugly, watching the fire where both of the bloodsuckers were burning, ignoring Bella and Edward as they talked.  Ha!  They had sent me here to keep me out of harms way, and in the end this had been the best place to be.  I had kicked ass.

 

No one else had taken on one of the bloodsuckers by themselves and won.  Although Edward had interceded once, I didn't count that as help.  I had it covered.  I would've won the fight regardless.

 

I was a little shocked to find I no longer thought bloodsucker when I saw Edward.  He had trusted me wholeheartedly... maybe fully was a better way to put it, to take care of the younger vampire.  He trusted that I would win and keep Bella safe.  And that had made me see him in a different light.

 

Afterwards, as we nose-fist bumped, I realized that maybe I had gained more from this experience than winning a fight.  Maybe I had gained a friend.  I realized, in that moment, that I actually didn't mind if Edward and I were friends, and maybe we could hang out and he could show me some of his fighting moves... I tried to stop that thought.  I knew the others wouldn't approve of me being friends with Edward, especially with how Jacob felt about Bella.  Hell, Edward probably didn't want me to think I was friends with Edward.

 

I saw the others thoughts flit through my mind, and I froze.  What the hell did Leah think she was doing?  I wasn't sure if the others had noticed yet.  I always sort her thoughts out first.  Even though she was older than me, I felt a responsibility.  After dad had died, I knew he expected me to take care of her and mom.

 

I saw Edward's head turn back to me.  I'd almost forgotten that he could read our thoughts. 

 

“What's she doing?” he asked, concerned.

 

They missed one. She's trying to take one of the newborns on by herself, I thought.  I saw Bella's look of concern as I whined.

 

And that's when it happened.  Everyone's thoughts flitted through my mind.  Leah taking on the vampire, Jake pushing her out of the way, the vampire grabbing onto him and squeezing, the pain that now racked Jake's body.

 

I howled as I felt the agony that Jake was in.  I crouched to take off into the forest when I heard Edward for the first time since it happened.  “Seth!” he shouted.  I could hear him telling me to go home, but I had no intention of listening.

 

“Seth. Trust me,” he said.  I looked into his eyes and knew that he wasn't only speaking for Sam.  There was something else in the clearing that he wanted me to avoid.

 

Fine, I thought, taking off into the forest.

 

I ran as fast as I could towards the Blacks' house.  I knew, without even looking at what the others were thinking, that they would take him straight home.  As I phased back into human form, just behind the Blacks' house, I heard the howls.  And then it changed into cussing.  I grimaced as I saw Jake.  He looked bad.  There were bruises all over his torso, and his ribs looked all wrong.  I saw Sam nod at me as he and Paul carried Jake inside, followed by Embry.

 

Leah stood on the porch, trying to hide and also wipe away the tears that fell.  I went up and put my arms around her shoulders, giving them a quick squeeze. “It'll be alright. Jake'll be fine.”

 

She shrugged out of my shoulder.  “I know Seth.  I had it under control.  It's not my fault he he tried to play the hero.  Probably hoping Bella would be impressed,” she spat.

 

Before I could say another word, she had already run down the steps and phased. I sighed.  I knew if I went after her now she would probably attack me.  I shook my head and walked inside.