Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Christmas Again (One Shot) by twigirl19






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 9]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Twilighted Supervisory Beta: Qjmom

Twilighted Senior Validation Beta: RedChevy


            It was Christmas again. Nessie’s second, Bella’s second with our family. I had presents for everyone and I was hoping they’d be liked.

 

            “Mom,” Edward said, approaching me, “of course we’ll love them. Though no miracles are promised with my wife. I have problems giving her gifts.” He shook his head, frustrated. He knew calling me Mom made me easier to manipulate than wet paper. I prepared myself to listen to him, while I contemplated my own Christmas surprise for his wife, my beloved daughter.

 

            I’d gotten Bella one of those mother necklace’s; the kind that had a triangular stone for a girl and a square stone for a boy. I remembered a school age girl making a comment along the lines of ‘boys are squares’, and it always made me smile. This necklace had a pink triangle for Nessie’s pink cheeks, and a sapphire for her September birth. To represent Edward, there was a topaz square – for his eyes - and a pearl for his birth month, June. And to represent Jake, an onyx square for Jake – for his eyes – and, with some gentle questioning of Seth, an aquamarine for his March Birth. I wasn’t sure at first, adding Jake’s stones, but Carlisle had encouraged it.

 

            “That’s a great idea Esme,” Edward said, smiling. He leaned in and hugged me, leaving me speechless. Edward wasn’t very good at outward signs of emotion to people other than Bella, Renesmee, and Jake. The first two were an outpouring of love, the third gentle detestation. The old Edward, the pre-Bella Edward wouldn’t have dreamed of giving a hug – to even me – or moving any closer to a person than if one were dancing or wrestling if he was rough housing with the boys. Still, that he would take the initiative to give a hug was amazing, and I loved Bella even more because of it.

 

            “Was I really that bad, Mom?” Edward asked.

 

            “Well, darling, it used to be easier to walk in direct sunlight in a crowded place with sparkling skin than to get some emotional display out of you sweetheart,” I answered honestly.

 

            Bella came in and stood on her tip toes to kiss her husband. She had Nessie propped on her hip, though my Granddaughter looked like she was eight instead of fifteen months.

 

            “Hello, Love, my Existence, have you missed me? Hello, Mom. Say hello to Grandma, sweetie.” Bella prodded. We knew Nessie could speak aloud, though she preferred sharing through her hands, but Bella was making the attempt so eventually when the littlest Cullen could go to school, she’d be used to speaking with her mouth.

 

            “Hi, Grandma. Hello Daddy,” Nessie said, pouting. I smiled at my grandchild. I loved being able to say it, think it. I thought I’d never get the chance, but I did. And my heart burst with joy from happiness at the love I was able to share with Renesmee, her Jacob, Seth, Leah, the rest of the Pack, and Bella. Edward had always been near and dear to my heart, so to see him happy made me happy. To see all of my children so bursting full of love, my heart soared.

 

Christmas this year was a miracle, a miracle I would never stop being thankful for.

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed, My Second Fan-Fic!!