Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Revelations by R3M3MB3R M3






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 15]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Twilighted Supervisory Beta:  shabbyapple


Revelations
By: Natilie Sawada

This is my version what happened on the Cullen end of the night Edward saved Bella in Port Angeles and drove her home.
Written from Jasper’s point of view.
Don’t ask me why, it just seemed interesting.

****Written before I read Stephenie’s Midnight Sun****
Enjoy and please please please review!!!!

`````````````````````````````````````````````

It hadn’t been long.

Not long at all since it had all started.

That first day, they were all too focused on me to notice. I flinched at the unconscious memory of my recurring fantasies of taking human blood. Alice had turned every scrap of attention towards me, and had assumed Edward had too.

But apparently—as we’d found out later when Carlisle came home in Edward’s Volvo, explaining Edward was in Alaska by then—he’d had something else on his mind.

The new girl.

Bella was her name.

And she was growing increasingly problematic for all of us.

I was upstairs in my and Alice’s room, working monotonously through the Physics homework—a pointless effort considering I held master’s degree in the subject—when I heard Edward enter through the front door. Even from upstairs I could feel waves of emotion rolling off of him.

Anxiety…uncertainty…relief…yet also resolution.

“Where have you been?” I heard Esme ask. “We were worried sick! You’ve been acting so strange lately.”

“I’m fine,” he assured her, dodging her question. Something was strange about Edward’s voice—even stranger that I couldn’t place it.

“A little warning would have been appreciated. When you just took off without explanation…I was debating whether or not to send Emmett or Jasper after you.” Carlisle’s voice was not lecturing, but certainly there was a hint of fatherly disapproval.

“I’m sorry I worried you both,” Edward apologized. I put down my pencil, devoting all my attention to the ongoing discussion downstairs.

“You didn’t answer me,” Esme said, her voice not quite angry, but still on edge, like Carlisle’s. Relief gave her away, though—dominating her tone. I smiled ruefully. Esme was one of those people who were born to be mothers. “Where have you been?”

“Port Angeles,” Edward replied smoothly. The skepticism rolling off Carlisle and Esme did not lessen.

“And what was so important in Port Angeles that you had to go rushing off without explanation, worrying us half to death?” Esme demanded. Edward was silent for a moment, and the emotions of deciding colored the air.

“Bella,” he answered quietly.

Shock.

Confusion.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alice streak past our room, down the hall, and I heard her as she halted downstairs in the entry room beside the rest of them.

“That was reckless, Edward,” She scolded, her high lilting voice disapproving for once. “Very reckless.”

“What happened?” Carlisle and Esme chorused in sync. I could feel Edward and Alice staring at each other deciding who would explain.

“I told her,” Edward finally admitted. “I told her everything.”

* * *

Edward filled Carlisle, Esme, Alice, and—as I assumed the rest of the household was listening from their respective rooms—Rosalie, Emmett, and I in on the exact details of what he’d told this Bella Swan.

Apparently, she’d pretty much figured it out by herself. Edward had only delivered the final blow by confirming her suspicions.

“I’m going to go change,” Edward started to announce, “and then—”

“Go stalk her,” Alice finished for him. I could feel her mouth pull up into a melancholy smile. I assumed Edward must have just shrugged for he did not respond. I heard his footsteps as he made his way at human speed up the stairs to the second floor.

I shut my book, crossed the room, and leaned against the doorway in time to see him round the corner of the stairs and make his ways tiredly down the hall. I watched him silently as he passed me. His eyes only flicked to me once as he walked by the door.

“So what exactly are you doing here, Edward?” He stopped mid-stride, but did not turn.

“I don’t know what you mean.” His voice was low and guarded.

“What are you doing here? A human? Honestly, Edward. Do you know how many rules you’re—?”

“I know, Jasper!” His voice was so loud in the enclosed space of the hallway that I flinched. “I know,” he repeated, his voice defeated.

“Why? Tell me that much, at least.” He laughed dryly, running his hand through his bronze hair, still facing away from me, down the hallway.

“It would be easier to explain why I didn’t just end it all that first day.”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“Kill her?” His voice was incredulous, “You know what that would have done. But it still took everything I had to resist murdering that entire classroom full of children that first day and exposing us for what we are.”

“But why is she so different? What makes her more difficult to resist than all the others?” They all smelled the same to me. Hot, soft, sweet. Bliss in a bottle.

Edward finally turned to face me.

“You have no idea how she smells, Jasper. It’s so much more…potent than anyone else. It’s like comparing deer to humans, comparing her to others.” My eyebrows shot up. Could he possibly be exaggerating? No one smelled that good. Not even to me. “Her blood—” his eyes were wide and wild, “—it’s like it calls to me. But I…I wouldn’t—I refused to do that. To Carlisle and Esme. To destroy the life they’ve built for us because of my weakness.”

“And so you went to Denali,” I said. The corner of his mouth twitched.

“You make it sound like I ran away.”

“Didn’t you?” I inquired. Edward was so hard to puzzle out sometimes. He laughed again—that same hard, frustrated laugh as before, and once again pulled his hand through his hair.

“I suppose I did, didn’t I?” Suddenly, his eyes became very dark and intense. “But if I had stayed…Bella Swan would be under a gravestone right now.” I nodded.

“And because you felt the need to murder her, you compensate by becoming her best friend?” I wondered. That’s certainly what it seemed like he’d been doing. Edward had the strangest ways of operating.

“I—I just can’t stay away from her. Every time she’s out of my sight, I’m worried sick she’ll get hurt. Every time she’s in my sight I’m worried sick I might hurt her. The later I can control, so I want to stay by her.”

“Why do you feel so drawn to protect her, Edward? It’s not like there aren’t any other humans that aren’t also weak and helpless. Why her?” He took a moment to answer.

“I…honestly don’t know. I just…can’t stay away from her. Everything about her draws me in.” I could feel it now. The intense pull originating from somewhere in his body, directing away—like a wire…or a steel cable. I knew what it was pulling him towards:

This girl.

This human.

This Bella.

“It’s like how you think about Alice sometimes,” he continued. My eyebrows shot up. I would have thought nothing could be near as powerful as the way I felt for Alice. But sure enough, the cable anchored in Edward’s chest was as strong, if not stronger as the one that linked me to Alice, “the way she creeps into your thoughts when you least expect it.”

“You got yourself in too deep.”

“Yes,” he admitted, hanging his head.

“If she’s causing so much trouble, why didn’t you just take her that first day?”

If what Edward was saying was true—that the call of this Bella’s blood was so much stronger than the other’s, why resist? What was there that equaled the pure ecstasy of human blood? If I was being honest with myself (though I hated to admit it) not even being with Alice physically had shown me pleasure that ranked near it.

“I don’t know,” Edward said quietly. “But now, as I’ve grown to know her—really know her—the thought of her: still and white and cold…horrifies me. Even if I were not responsible…” he trailed off, staring at the floor. I was silent.

“Edward…” I started, but so wrapped up in his thoughts, he didn’t seem to hear me.

“Since I’ve met her, I don’t see the world the same way. When she’s around, all the colors seem brighter. When I listen to a song, I wonder if she’d like it or not. Every time I see her, sitting there, quiet and thoughtful, I wonder what’s running through her mind. I want to know everything about her.”

I could read it in his eyes, feel it in his aura: uncertainty…fear.

Edward was playing by ear—something he usually did so well. But now it scared him out of his wits.

“Jasper,” he whispered, finally looking up from his hands. “…I think I love her.”

Then suddenly, as if waking from a dream, he jumped, looking around anxiously. He glanced back at me, his eyes wide.

“I have to go. See you tomorrow, Jasper.” And he raced down the hall to the next set of stairs that would lead him up to the third floor and his room.

“Good luck, Edward,” I whispered down the hall before retreating back into my room. I flicked off the desk light—I’d done enough homework for now—and settled in, waiting for Alice to come upstairs. “You’ll need it.”

~ fin~

Tell me what you think!!

Also, please read my fan fic “For Bella” which is Edward’s point of view of him telling Bella goodbye in New Moon.

Thanks for reading. Please review