Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 45

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 46

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 47

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 48

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/header.php on line 201
Angel by Bulls in Brooklyn






Your donations help keep this site running,
thank you very much for the support!
[Reviews - 4]
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Okay, this is my attempt at an AU, wish me luck!

As said in the summary, this came about while I was listening to Mute Math's "Peculiar People" .

Please listen to it. It's a great song, and it relates with this story, and may even give hints for things to come.

Maybe =)

 

ALSO, BEFORE I GET ANGRY REVIEWS

This is not what I believe, this is a fictional story remember, and no harm is meant to any religion, belief or view.

Guys, I'm Catholic, and go to a Catholic school with a very bad R.E. teacher. But, I will be mentioning religious beliefs occasionally, but I am not stating a viewpoint, or opinion.

 

And for those who are worrying, don't worry, this isn't a religious fic, and I won't be preaching the gospel or anything, I'm mentioning bible stories that everybody knows.

Twilighted Beta: qjmom

Author's Chapter Notes:

So first chapter!

Yes, I'm aware that I should probably be working on my other story as I haven't updated in forever, but the idea bug bit me on this one.

Hope you enjoy this story, R&R!

Disclaimer: Stephenie Meyer owns Twilight.



Prologue

Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Saviour. The time for Christmas trees capped with angels, and nativity scenes with adorable little baby Jesus', and Shepherds and Kings.

What a load, seriously. Baby Jesus was the ugliest freaking baby I've ever seen. And I've seen a LOT of babies in my time, I was around way before Noah floated on the ark, which honestly wasn't that impressive. He only got two of every animal he knew of, and he could only travel so far. And I mean, the Mediterranean isn't exactly an ideal place for elephants, lions, kangaroos and millions of other species he wasn't aware of. But the flood was real. And HUGE, I mean thousands of people flock to the site without realizing, but the Greek Isles used to be all mainland you know...

And the whole thing with angels with their big, fluffy, white wings floating out of their dresses. Angels can be boys too, I mean I would know...

And the wings don't look like that either. The thing I can liken them to the most is eagles' wings. People were created in God's image, and eagle's wings were created in ours. A nice little tribute don't you think?

I can't claim complete angel ancestry though, quite the opposite. Half angel-half human. My mother lived a very long time ago. My father Carlisle on the other hand, lives with me in our house. With my, I guess, you could call a couple of them half-siblings, considering Carlisle fathered them too. Others are "adopted", whose human parent tried to murder them, after the whole bursting out with wings thing. People were a lot more suspicious back then.

You get a pretty good deal being a half angel though. You still get the ability to live forever, and we're almost entirely injury proof. Plus we can make ourselves appear any age we want.

The only irritating thing happens to be the most common thing people think of when they hear angel. Wings. Full angels like Carlisle can just tuck them between their shoulder blades, and they flatten completely.

For us, our wings are UNDERNEATH THE SKIN, so if we're in trouble and we need to fly, we need to break the wings through.

Which just so happens to hurt like a bitch.

So, if you're like my adopted siblings, and you accidentally do it when you're little -you can't really help it, it's sort of like an advanced flight or fight reaction- not only do you have excruciating pain until you can work out to land, -which is normally a crash landing, because you panic and stop flapping the wings- you also have a parent trying to kill you on the same day.

Fun times for a six year old.

And after the parent discovers, oh crap, I can't even hurt the devil spawn, they almost always abandon them somewhere.

We find them, bring them in, and teach them the ways and rules that come with keeping our secrets, and stopping themselves from accidentally - you know, killing everybody everytime you get in a rage.

Bad things happen when the calm temperament of an angel is disturbed.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Come on my pretties! Please review, and let me know if this is worth continuing!

First reviewer gets a chapter dedication!