Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - Twilighted Junior Validation Beta Positions Available!

Twilighted Junior Validation Beta Positions Available!

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Postby psymom on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:16 am

In order to find some additional qualified betas to help us validate stories submitted to Twilighted, we have developed a "Beta Test." If you are interested in becoming a VOLUNTEER Twilighted Junior Validation Beta, please complete the form attached below and send it as a .doc attachment to psymommy@yahoo.com:

Applicants must be:

1. 22 years or older
2. An accomplished writer with near error free submissions to Twilighted
3. A member in good standing on the Twilighted forum
4. Able to commit at least 4-6 hours per week to beta work

Twilighted Beta Test.doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psymom
Coven Leader
Coven Leader

Re: Twilighted Junior Validation Beta Positions Available!

Postby xsecretxkeeperx on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:43 am

Hey, I submitted a form back in december and haven't heard anything. I was wondering if there was a problem? Thanks :)
Power of Destiny|Slipping Through the Hourglass|The Darkest Paradise

Awesome banner by the ever fantastic Anne Cullen. Thank you, Anne!!

And, if you're in need of a cure to those angsty-fic blues, check out Twific's latest addiction, An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy: The Non-Romantic Romance, by m81170. There's nothing like the innocence and geeky wonder of young, anti-social love.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xsecretxkeeperx
Coven Member
Coven Member

Postby pine and apple on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.
AH. Sixteen year-old Bella Swan finds herself in love with Edward Cullen, her brother's best friend. But will he ever leave his girlfriend, Rosalie Hale? This is her diary and these are her words.
Link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6913528/1/Blank_Page
pine and apple
Human
Human

Postby angelstardust on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:49 pm

is this still open?
"lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been.." - The Grateful Dead

http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=10560
angelstardust
Human
Human

Postby virginiamay on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:36 pm

angelstardust wrote:is this still open?

You know angel, I think they could use some more betas and it's still listed on the Twilighted homepage. You should complete the test and go for it. The worst that could happen is they tell you that they're not starting any new betas right now. (WIth the amount of stories in the queue though, I cannot imagine that they are turning down qualified applicants.) Good luck! ;-)
Siggie by TammyAZ!

Virginia May~
My Twilighted
My Fanfiction
virginiamay
Bitten
Bitten

Postby JacksonsGirl on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:42 pm

I downloaded the test/application, but I didn't understand one part of it. It is in the 3rd section where we are asked to beta a sample. It says in the instructiona to use the "track changes" feature in Word. My Word programs (both of them) do not have that feature anywhere. I am fairly computer literate and I do not see that feature.

Any ideas?
JacksonsGirl
Human
Human

Postby estrella on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:40 pm

JacksonsGirl wrote:I downloaded the test/application, but I didn't understand one part of it. It is in the 3rd section where we are asked to beta a sample. It says in the instructiona to use the "track changes" feature in Word. My Word programs (both of them) do not have that feature anywhere. I am fairly computer literate and I do not see that feature.

Any ideas?

If you are using Microsoft Office 2007, click on the 6th tab named "review" and in the "tracking" options next to "balloons" you'll find "track changes"

Hope it helps :D
estrella
Human
Human

Postby mallie518 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Do you ever open up beta opportunities to others that don't have writing experience?
mallie518
Human
Human

Postby wolf lover on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am

I would be more than happy to assist, although I have not submitted stories here. I do edit other people's writing at my job. I have time and the desire. I will be happy to do the test if you might be willing to waive the story submission. Thanks, Nancy
wolf lover
Human
Human

Postby blackdogs on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm also curious about this. I'm not a writer though... is this criteria just to weed out people who only have a cursory interest in the position? I am a beta for two authors so I've spent a decent amount of time nagging people about their commas and dangling participles. Not sure how strict the writing requirement is (or why it's necessary)? Please let me know if this is something that is non-negotiable. Thanks!
blackdogs
Human
Human

Next

Return to General Fic Discussion