Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/twilight/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Twilight Forums - Twilighted • View topic - Working around canon

Working around canon

What about Admiral Fic? Captain Fic?

Working around canon

Postby akaibara on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 pm

So, I have a multi-part fic I've left fallow for a while for a variety of reasons. I keep having the desire to pick it back up and continue, but every time I start to do that, something makes me freeze up and walk away again.

It's a Jacob/OC fic, and when I started it I had a pretty specific mental concept of who Jacob was. Unfortunately now Taylor Lautner is Jacob Black... but he's not my Jacob, and when I try to wrap my head around it I crash. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you work through it?
akaibara
Human
Human

Re: Working around canon

Postby sandstone on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:44 pm

That's a hard one! I think this is similar to writers block.
I have two sugestions:

Step away from it and do something you like to do and ponder it, it might come to you.

Try and go back to what first inpired you when you first started writing. What it was about the character you put on paper, and try to let it come out.

Good Luck!
sandstone
Newborn
Newborn

Return to General Fic Discussion